Who sells to Gray’s Inn Estates?
- Grays Inn Estates have acquired from many FTSE 250 companies including the three largest UK housebuilders.
- We also buy from smaller builders who may have accrued a portfolio over years or simply choose to sell off blocks as soon as they are built.
- We buy from solicitors and accountants who act for clients when disposing of such clients’ investments.
- We buy from Managing Agents and other forms of property related companies.
- We work closely with financial institutions to enable them to dispose of freeholds assisting them with an exit strategy.
Gray’s Inn Estates have bought from many leading FTSE 250 and privately owned UK housebuilders including Taylor Wimpey, Barratt Homes, Persimmon Homes, Miller Homes, Berkeley Group, Charles Church, Countryside Properties, Redrow Homes, Croudace, Galliard Homes, Weston Homes, Galliford Try and many, many others.
We also acquire portfolios and individual estates from smaller builders anywhere in the UK. Many smaller builders do not appreciate that there is a market for ground rent investments.
Dealing with Gray’s Inn Estates not only provides additional and unexpected income but also increases the developers knowledge so enhances the profitability of future schemes.
Why do people sell to Gray’s Inn Estates?
- Our reputation and experience.
- We can complete purchases very quickly.
- Release the capital value in your ground rent portfolio.
- Remove the administrative burden from your own office.
- We are private investors free from the constraints and cumbersome processes of large institutional investors.
- Many developers find that their own legal costs are lower when dealing with Gray’s Inn Estates.
Top housebuilders have been dealing with Gray’s Inn Estates for many years. Repeat business only comes as a result of delivering a consistently excellent service. We can provide excellent references from many senior figures in the housebuilding industry. We are a privately owned organisation not subject to the same procedural constraints affecting public or institutional investors.
Larger investors often require multiple committee approval before offers can be submitted and processed. Larger investors often invest in a diverse range of investments, some of which take priority over ground rents. At Gray’s Inn Estates, our core business is ground rent investment. Therefore we can move much faster when making offers and processing deals and you are assured of our immediate attention.
Ground rents are often relatively small transactions for housebuilders to collect. In such buoyant market conditions it makes sense for the builder to not only release the value in their ground rents and discharge their landlord liabilities, but also to release staff resources to concentrate on more profitable matters. As stated previously, we do not manage properties. We collect ground rents directly from the leaseholders. All service charges and management issues are dealt with by professionally accredited managing agents. We achieved the Investors in People award first time and we invest in our people to ensure that leaseholders are provided with a polite and pleasant service.
Should leaseholders require information to dispose of their property, we turn around the request from their solicitors quickly. It is our view that house builders, when selling property, are selling their brand and by selling to us we retain the quality of service and a fair approach towards leaseholders. This maintains the developers reputation and ensures there will be no adverse publicity. Gray’s Inn Estates has maintained an impeccable reputation over three decades of acquiring ground rents.
Gray’s Inn Estates is also an entrepreneurial business where the Director in charge has the necessary background and decision-making capabilities to ensure that deals are conducted appropriately and intelligently. We have found that some buyers often do not have experienced or imaginative staff to make quick decisions, thus hindering progress. This often results in many deals simply stalling and never completing.